Friday, April 03, 2009

Upgrading My version 1.0 to version 1.1!!

“How does it feel when you wake up and realize that you will not be paid for that day?” I asked Ankit, a close friend as I woke up today – 2nd April, 2009. His lame and lazy looks responded – Dude, I am too used to your morning wit – 9 years now - and I would not consider answering this. Especially at this hour of day, when I use my head least n you perhaps most. For whatever you answer will be pretty unobvious. So please go ahead, answer and please yourself, and I will laugh – involuntary like most of the times. I caught all this in a flash and didn’t, as never before, mind the involuntary piece in the information and proceeded unilaterally with my response “Heavenly. I feel totally blank and blessed. I never knew getting out of job can be so fulfilling”. He had a good laugh and I - a good start to my day.

A lot has gone behind the build up to this day. Simply put a hell lot. But this post is not to dwell into those esoteric times. This post is more about the mystic smell of today, the sweet pleasant present, and the recent activities around the same. It has been a season of farewells and parties ever since I returned from US to spend my last few days with TCS. As they say good or bad, things usually happens in packages. As much pleased I was to return to my old routine – GGN, Offshore team, and all the fun - I was equally happy that most people I’d wished to meet from my current version visited Delhi in March. Awesome! Lucky I. I had a huge list of to do – that included visiting numerous places / restaurants I long cherished in Delhi. I have able to meet all such objectives. I have also been able to reinforce the relationship I shared with most and I earnestly hope I carry on. Unwise what’s the best way to state, but as much as I enjoyed the compassion from most of people and enjoyed building of new bridges, I am also experiencing cracks at some unexpected places that are beyond my comprehension. Perhaps it’s a normal course of transition for human nature. Unlike old me, I will let it happen. Perhaps it’s right time for some weeding to happen. With these mixed - mostly elated - feeling I have concluded my journey with TCS and everything around it. I have had the fortune of gaining support from wonderful set of people and that’s more than sufficient. Everything else around Vinit Garg 1.0 version stands closed now.

What’s next? Terrific lot! As for now, I am looking for my travel towards the nucleus of this universe, to my native place Dhuri, to conclude. I can already touch & feel the distinctive smell in this part of the world. Familiar people, feels like my own - speaking in blunt, powerful, and crisp - Punjabi. The train, almost a time machine since it has transported me successfully several times in and out of worlds that are several light years away, is already taking that its 90 degree curve and I will soon at my home town’s station and mom & dad will be there. Remind me of SRK’s homecoming in KKKG. One week at the center of the universe and I shall be out again, reconditioned, rejuvenated, towards a next objective – Vinit Garg’s version 1.1! A lot more to come on that!

No comments: