Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The first post – Right from Campus!

Finally a chance to sit at my lappy and blog. Nice nostalgic feeling. A little difference is that this time I am writing from a class rather than my workplace. Some habits never change :P. ~10 days at campus and we all have realized that there is storm that’s awaiting for us. The current week is perhaps the lightest in the foreseeable future. Few posts have been written by fellow classmates on different activities till now and I just intend to capture a brief snapshot of what all went by till now. Given the sheer amount of information shared and activities that happened, I would not be surprised if I just end up writing less than less than 10% of the whole story

Registration Day
It all started on 11th April. Around 600 people burst into ISB Campus. Numerous dreams turned true. I checked into my room & awww welll, Awesome was the word I said. Then, the Recreation center and we all got out first taste of ISB life – A huge long circled LINE!! What the heck, do I have stand here for 2 hours. But then it was enticing to stand in that line and talk to all new people around. Networking, you know! Registration day went by with further hiccups and was soon over. Late in the evening, Dean addressed the Class of 2010 and gave an inspiring speech. The day concluded there.

Orientation Week – The Week that went by…..

It’s cruel to categorize this thing into a week. Tell me, how the heck can you fit in the following in one week:

25+ different presentations
Treasure Hunt Competitions
Club Meetings and Informal Sessions
4 parties that last whole night long
Beer Guzzling competitions
Talent Night Competitions
Team Building Activities
Case Studies and our first introduction to Class Participation (CP), Arbit CP & Desperate CP :P
Alumni Gyan Sessions
Speaker Series
Section Gyan
100s of Section chants – ROCK – EEEEEEEEE!!
That Damm “Networking” with 600+ people

Something is chronologically wrong with it. The activities in the whole week along with introducing yourself 50+ times a day, sometimes to the same person with whom you shared your contact info sometime back, was one of the finest experiences of my life till now. Of course this also led to a consensus that “Networking” is most abused word on campus. Refer to SAI’s post below. (If any of your friend just joined ISB Class of 2010, call him/her up and mention Networking somewhere. You will feel it from his/her response :P). On a serious note, I have learnt that ISB you are in constant mode of sacrifice. You like something, you do it. Don’t just hope to be everywhere. As a part of talent night competition we have prepared a pictorial prezo on this week and I shall soon be uploading the same on youtube.

Pre – Term - Here we are now!

Acads are picking up in the current week. Most of us are in hangover of the O’ Week and we soon realize our Accounting prof. is already done with Balance Sheet concepts and we have an assignment at hand. That’s the pace we got to get used to now. I have taken Business Stats and Accounting. Here is my take on

Accounting: - The class and the professor are pretty cool. Pretty good subject to learn and I am pretty happy with my decision to take this course.

Business Stats:- There are few things to pick up from this class that can be used in future. Further, this class gives me opportunities to “Network :P“

Today, I am looking forward for the first CEO speech on campus – something I was looking forward to at ISB – Mr. Lloyd Blankfein from Goldman Sachs. I will update soon on the same. That’s all for now. The best I could succinctly capture. It’s impossible to pen down the spirit, the euphoria, the budding aspirations, and the insights floating around. You got to be at ISB to catch that. That’s why ISB… ROCKS!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the best! :)