Sunday, April 05, 2009

Tame the Beast – Getting through a B-school!!

The euphoria of ‘getting in’ a top B-school has settled down long back. The excitement and uncertainly around ‘getting through’ has been catching up. How life would be ISB? What changes will it bring in and what I should never allow to be changed – if at all I do have few such things in me? What would be my immediate or persistent pressures? What is it that I can be aware of now rather than 6 months down the line and think “Darn, I missed it”. What I should not know at all? Will I really turn into someone who thinks “To sleep is to waste time”. I am scared. Are there things that I can chuck out and make my life much easier at ISB? Easier life. In a B-school. School - my thoughts were interrupted for a moment by that word and I was taken 3 months back. “School”, exclaimed an innocent friend and asked a novice question “It must be MBA College. Why do you keep on calling it a School”.. Millimeters of this light thought and Killjoy was back. Easier Life. HAA. It’s a 1 Year MBA. 600+ prowling around. Huh, easier life You got be kidding me. Too much was running across a jobless geek’s mind, fresh from a 12 hour long sleep, to surround itself in myriad controversies.

To kill the nagging feeling, I logged on to start over again, to look for other people’s blog, articles, and advise – this time about getting through a Business school. Amazing source of information – this World Wide Web. As Richard Bach said in “Bridge across Forever” - if you don’t know anything about something, pick a book about it. In today’s context, perhaps the best way is to Google it. Only thing one has to know is what one does not know and the rest has already been taken care by someone somewhere. Just connect the dots.

This intuit led me to this extremely useful relevant comprehensive post at a fellow admit’s blog – Nitin Pulayi – the Khabri. A good start to what each new admit should be thinking and cognizant about. I am not going to repeat or recompile what has already been so beautifully described. I hope I can produce a similar, personalized, version of ‘getting through’ B-school by the end of my coursework at ISB in one sitting – of course without looking back at this post. Darn, you believers in cut & copy! As for now the above post will be my guide to unravel the imminent uncertainties about life @ ISB!

No comments: