Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This is not a Post !!

I just didn't get a chance to write for some time - Really busy at work. As I opened my blog today, I simply could not think of anything to write - Something unusual. Suddenly, it struck - why do I always have to write something? From where did I get this idea to write on a consistent basis?

I recollected I hired this idea from Robin Sharma. He said that if you do 'something' with consistency, everyday or perhaps couple of times a week, and pursue that activity regularly, within 3-5 years you will be deemed expert in that 'something'. I began to introspect on what I could do. I took out my diary and began to scribble something. I realized I could not organize my thoughts properly, as Robin often does in his blog and books. I decided that my 'something' will be writing. I started writing in blog, took my email communication very seriously, noted words used by eminent people and inducted those words in my write ups, wrote number of articles for citizen journalists websites, and participated in Essay writing competitions ( Never won any -- YET). Today I feel so good about writing - Many times, I open up my old emails just to check whether it was well crafted – What could I have done better there. In retrospect, I think Robin was quite insightful - It's not that just by doing something regularly you will become an expert, the idea with which it all started for me. It's the fact that when you pursue something regularly, you grow passionate about it and your threshold keeps on growing. You continue to upgrade yourself. You continue to be Hungry – for more.

I am far from an expert today to pen down my thoughts, I doubt I ever will be. I am million miles away from my dream to write a book. I even don't have an idea to write a book. For someone who is currently struggling to find a decent topic to write a blog, writing a book seems to be far fetched idea. Yet, in many ways I am proud of my writing skills today. It’s heartening when some friends want me to review their important e-mails. It’s even more satisfying when people, in attempts to pull my leg, comment on my writing skills. If this could be an inspiration for you, to start doing something on a regular basis – I shall feel a part of Robin Sharma’s journey to enlighten people.

Lastly, as I re-read this post, I thought to change the heading for I have ended up writing a decent post. In second thought, I choose to keep it that way - Thanks to Robin that I am able to write well on the fly.

No comments: