Monday, July 28, 2008

The First in your life !!

In a recent experience, I realized that there is a usual charm associated with doing things for the first time. The first time, you begin to speak – Of course you may not reflect how you felt then but your family does, the first time you begin to ride a bi-cycle, first time you say ‘I love you’ to someone, and numerous other first. Some we remember till date such as first time I saw a Beach, some we forget in race of our lives. But to my regret, many times we simply keep on doing new things without realizing we are doing it for the first time. In such instances, we generally miss a chance to enjoy the thrill of the first.

I experience another first in my life yesterday. Nothing significant if look retrospectively, yet I felt charged up to the journey. Without over-dramatizing, I reveal that the recent first was a travel in Swarn Shatabadi from Ludhiana to New Delhi. Did I disappoint you with this fact? I would love if your answer is ‘Yes – What’s so significant about it’ because that would help me make my point more assertively.

The opportunities to celebrate the first in life are numerous. It’s we who have to associate that importance to things and look at the whole routine life from an entirely new dimension. Sitting inside the Shatabadi, I didn’t find much difference other than some trivial ones such as you could feel that the train is really guzzling fuel fast, the courteous food services, and lot of foreigners in Indian trains. However, it is the connection that I made to my past that rendered me excitement to write this post. I remembered those days of traveling in Passenger trains and watching Shatabadi zooming past. Then came the time when I used to travel in Express / Super Fast trains n the speed and AC coached of the train fantasized me. Then, I began to travel in AC yet never did it in Shatabadi.

I wish to emphasis here that although the train experience sounds trivial yet the connection I could establish with this FIRST helped me make this memorable experience. I am convinced that if one continues to note and consciously add the ‘Firsts’ in his/her experiences, life would become way better and colorful. So much so that it am prompted to write this post. So much so that I am going to add new tag to my blog – The Firsts in my life and conclude that if I don’t find a post to write in this category for more 2 consecutive weeks, I am going to die without trying a lot of things even once. Steve jobs said ‘Stay Hungry Stay Foolish’. Be so – Always !!

2 comments:

Amit Aneja said...

I hope your next speech within 2 weeks should include-: First meeting at Gurgaon Toastmasters club and ur reaction to that meeting!! Eagerly waiting for that post!!

Vinit Garg said...

Sure it would be - I already have that one on this topic on my blog.. You may like that