Sunday, July 13, 2008

De-Stress the Rain Way !!!

Last few weeks have been taxing with number of threads in my life going on. On Saturday evening as I was contemplating my course of action through tides that have disrupting my boat, I suddenly heard thunders of rain outside.

It was the first rain of the monsoon season. Delhi has been receiving significant and unusual rains this year. However, Saturdays rain was very different – First because it was heavy & perhaps first actual monsoon rain. Second because the rain sprung me in action.

I decided to get wet in rain. Not sure whether I decided so because of the frustrating events but I did. I went outside in the community where I noticed most people getting out their cars were rushing to get back to the apartments and I was doing exactly the opposite. I believe I am quite good a judging people from there gestures and comments. I could make out that while some were thinking 'Who the hell is this guy' but a majority simply wanted to join me.

Initially, I just walked in the rain. I recollected that as a kid we used to jump in the water. I thought I should do that now. At the onset, deep down my heart I felt little reserved to do this action because number of people standing in their balcony would have a clear view of me doing these childlike activities. At second thought, exactly for the same reason I decided to jump. I had just started when bunch of kids came running from a direction. We became a group of 5 and I was sure that if I add ages of rest 4 members of my group, I will still win !! We jumped in water and it reminded me of Dia Mirza’s entry in the movie ‘Rehna hai Tere Dil Mein’. Not sure if some girl noticed me this time :P..Will find out soon  !!

Later, the kids proposed me to play ‘Pakan Pakdai’ (A game in which one person runs and other chase him to catch him). What a fun it was. And trust me, these kids have some stamina. They tired the hell out of me. I loved those kids for everything but one. They called me ‘Uncle’ and I educated them that you should call Uncle to only those who are married. I am still happy and therefore call me ‘Bhaiya’. They obeyed and most importantly, agreed.

To conclude, it was a huge stress buster. I made some wonderful decisions lying in the rain. I completed many pending activities with enthusiasm and rejuvenated passion. Most importantly, I feel happy since I can’t recollect when last time I pursued such activities and let free the child that resides deep down inside of each one of us. Try it out sometime !!! Rains aren’t scare in Delhi anymore, just the attitude and approach to life needs to be !!

No comments: