Monday, June 30, 2008

A much needed Refreshment !!

This post should have been made on 28th June - Pardon my crankling bones that I can hear the grunts and oomphs even today!!

I went to a Outbound Camp organized by TCS with motive to foster team spirit, collaboration, and leadership among the associates. I have attended many such outings before. However, the timing of this event couldn't be better. I needed such a dose to refresh and rejuvenate myself from the cliche of work and personal pursuits that have turned into obsessions now. And what a dose it was !!!! I still carry the after effects of the dose with a sweet pain across my arms n legs :).

On Saturday, the weather was perfect - With clouds in a natural setting. A light breeze could have been an icing on the cake. Anyways. The event started with a bus journey to a resort near Damdama Lake, around 50 KM from Gurgaon. Many of us could not believe that so close to GGN, such a natural ambience exists. The bus journey made me feel nostalgic of the numerous trips made during TCS ILP at Trivandrum. Of course nothing beats those travels in heart of Kerela but this one was quite refreshing as well. Some standard games followed n soon we were at the resort.

There were number of activities such as Rappelling (Not so exciting for me but loved to see nervous first timers), Burma Bridge (TCS ILP one was way better), and Team games such as crossing the obstacles etc. The activities in themselves did not stand out from my past experiences yet the timing of the events and the different people around did. Some of the experiences that stand out in my observations are a ride of Tractor - made me feel nostalgic of childhood days when I used to drive a bi-cycle & catch hold of such tractors, and competition to throw stones - again things I used to do as a child.

To conclude, I really enjoyed the whole day out. I just to wish get normal now and I am longing now to go back to my obsessions as soon as possible. Only if my bones stop making noises :). Will post some of the pics of the event here soon.

No comments: