Monday, December 17, 2007

American Red Cross Measles Initiative !! Updates !!

I just recieved updates from a American Red Cross co-ordinator on the major measles related initiative the organization has been pursuing. Some fantastic achievements, I found are a drop of 68% in children dying due to improper vacination from year 2000 to 2006.As for numbers, a reductions from 757,000 deaths per year in 2000 to 242,000 in 2006. Furthermore, there has been a reduction of 91% in deaths of children under age of 5 in Africa alone owing to great contributions by American Red Cross. I reflect back, how an idea by a swiss national influeced an American nurse to lead into formulation of such huge organization !! Amazing !!

Way to go though !! Still, 600 Children die every day and a million more at risk. I am glad I did my bit and will continue. I implore you to join, have you ever thought that 1$ can be equal to 1 life?

Click here for video clipings and further information.

No comments: