Thursday, February 15, 2007

NLG > Next Level Of Greatness


Ok I know I know I have used this terminology often. NLG (Next Level Of Greatness) quite often. Actually borrowed from the wonderful person in the image.Robin Sharma... Traveling in this familiar train from my hometown Dhuri to Delhi, I sit to identify what exactly this means to me.

I identified three things to change in myself recently. Let me state those first


1. Learn a Foreign Language > French
2. Commit to daily regime of exercise and yoga
3. Create bigger and measurable impacts in my contribution to society


To analyze further, I would conduct a McKinsey's MECE style three point agenda.

Introspection reveals the following are my passions:
1. Connect to friends and to new people
2. Traveling and visiting new places (Vacations and On-Job—New places on agenda Mumbai, Pune and Goa )
3. Cricket (See last blog dedicated to Sachin Tendulkar)

Hey one more things, how about Graphology ?????? (Fantasy doomed by Reality)...
and Writing ???
So, working in McKinsey way following recommendations come across (All in 3's– MECE)

Old Passions to be Reinforced :
1. Connect to friends and make new ones
Listen more and Talk less (2:1)
Stay in present and display interest in everything they say
Offer generous and without-expectations help
2. Traveling and Visiting New Place
Create Google Spreadsheet about places to visit and activities to do
Blog experiences at each place
MECE satisfied here
3. Cricket
Play cricket
Follow Cricket matches
Read and learn more about Sachin Tendulkar : Blog with Cricket (Remember one day you have to meet him)

New passions to be enforced
1. Writing
Bloging
Join several forums and express opinion always.
Read
Business Magazine
McKinsey Quarterly
Daily 2 Newspapers
2. Exercise and Yoga
Daily morning wake-up at 6:00 A:M
Join Health Club always
Read, learn and perform Yoga
3. Tata Group Research
Knowledge about all companies, importance for Tata.
Opportunities in Tata Group to make it BIG here
Direction of it’s companies and group overall

Activities to Research

1. Graphology > Will be an added asset.
2. Foreign Language > French ???
Hope i stay on track !!!!!

1 comment:

Practice Finance said...

After reading these blogs,especially the initial once, one thing I realized that what you hv achieved is not ur genius but dedication and hard work.
even now I am feeling that the effort I had put for my target can be much better.
I think I should redefine my NLG and get back to work.
Surely I'll copy some of ur good habits. Afterall initially grooming was in TCS only.