Thursday, February 15, 2007

Apun Mumbaiya ho gayela

Bhai log..apun aa gayela hai !!! Mumbaiya ho gayela re mammu .... Landed in Mumbai on 7th Feb. And guess what ... Guess what ....
WAS CHEATED BY A MUMBAI TAXI DRIVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a professionalism and commitment these mumbai taxi drivers have to maintain there age old reputation of cheating new comers to amchii mumbai !!.

I tried my best to be safe only to find this guy has over-smarted me !!!Getting in this taxi I told my friend " Do not let this person know you are here for the first time"
Easy said. Difficult to do.
The moment I tell this person to go to Thane, prompt he asks " Where in Thane"
I say "TCS Yanta Park "
"Ohhh is that the one close to that hotel " he asks. Smelling trouble here I say a confident "Yes".
"But sahib yeh east mein hai ya west mein " .... Doomed here...cursing none other myself of not reading the address in advance I say "dekh lenge abhi thane to chalo "

N here he is. He got it !!! I am new and I do not know about mumbai. A fresh bakra for this guy. N he had a feast.

While traveling my sense of direction could not stop making intelligent guesses and though I got convinced that I am getting going round n round somewhere in the same area, I had no ways to prove it !!!! Just sat like an innocent cute little child at helm of a driver dracula !!!

For a normal charge of 400-450 this guy shows me a meter reading of 947 Rs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow ... n the reason :)) :)) while justifying his high meter reading the driver tells me "Sahib AC car hai yeh..pure raste AC ON raha to meter reading to badhega na " ...Thanks Dude ....I wish I knew it earlier !!!! BTW have u ever ..Have u Ever traveled in a Taxi that have mosquitos inside it ... Yes my dear friend Mosquitos .. I think they must have come there for Taxi was an AC one !!

I salute you Mr Driver !!!! I love your consistency !!!!

Somebody suggested to get a prepaid taxi in Mumbai. However this time my experimental nature got better of me. But it is an experience worth having !!

So the moral of the story is, IF you are traveling on your company expense (:P) experiment with Mumbai Taxi wala or else you better of take a prepaid one !!!!

1 comment:

Neeraj said...

Vinit Garg ye mumbai hai meri Jaan jaha per Sare hindustan ke har kone ke log Rehte hai, Jo bhi jata hai "Amchi Mumbai Bolne lag jata hai"
But Zamana badal raha hai politics ho rahi hai hindu hindu apas me lad raha hai ye sale politician log sirf apne liye hi sochte hai

Sorry yaar me zayada senti ho gaya tha..

Any way maza aya pad kar....

Check out my blog also : sharma-neeraj.blogspot.com