Saturday, August 29, 2009

Richard Bach's - The Bridge Across Forever

I finished up reading this amazing book by Richard Bach. As much I am awed by the story, I am ever further impressed by his unique writing style and insights. Some of the things I noted are:

1. The observer funda – Richard explains something and then prints what an observer, sitting on his shoulder and taking notes would have said at that time – Rates himself and notes the reactions of the situation. An insightful way to write the conflicting parts of yours.
2. He frequently talks of things that could have happened as Alternate Future.
3. Richard writes a letter to himself – when he was 20 years younger. Wow !!
4. Touches the gate and speaks to her love lady – someday you will be touching this gate along with me.
5. Says close your eyes and think that when I open my eyes, the world that I see, the moment I live is the world that I have created. How did it happen and what led me here? Then write about it. Beautiful.
6. The only thing that shatters dreams is compromise.
7. Keep notes that capture thoughts. Turn them into stories n anecdotes. Remember n re-quote.
8. Can be a listener as well as a talker
9. Losing, in a curious way, is winning.
10. Dream lady – should complement in every manner, should have stories that you can listen forever, should listen to your stories as if it excites her to hell, you can talk to her long after the food is gone, you can listen her the whole night, may be next day. It should be mystic, mutual, and very natural. Nothing fabricated.
11. Have u ever been so happy that you could not stand it and want it to end?
12. You have money, fine. But never try to use it to buy women.

No comments: