Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Signing off from America !!

An international post - I wrote this at Frankfurt, Germany Airport yet talked about US and India. So much for Globalization !!!

It’s been three years since I first landed in US – back in June 2006. Since then, I have made three round trips to India – earning the tag of frequent flyer among my friends. Today, it’s feels great to sign off from US on such a positive note. The toughest assignment I ever worked upon – Acquisition Project – was a great success. It gives me immense satisfaction and a huge confidence while going into my MBA that my leadership and management were well recognized and appreciated for this project. I personally feel I was simply lucky – to be in the right place at the right moment that led me to be chosen for this role. And more so lucky by having right people working on this project and some really good ideas that just struck my head during planning and execution of this project. The role I played has been extremely helpful to take a practical look at things rather than just theoretical perspective – what it means to energize your team, what people management is all about, how you pass information down and provide information up, how you keep stakeholders aligned, how you take responsibility, and when, if required, you play dirty. The last one, when you play dirty, has been my favorite. I myself can’t believe that in a short span of 4 months, I have got through all this. No wonder, I would rate this short and intense stint among my finest learning experiences. And, to leave while getting acknowledgments and appreciations from every stakeholders in the project, especially from some who initially doubted my capabilities and created scene to an extent that I too for few moments thought “I can’t do it” , makes the journey back lot more satisfying. My US visa has also expired and I am ending my term with TCS on 31st March. Everything seems to be a perfect logical end to a great journey and commencement of a new endeavor.

Before I eventually start discovering myself again at ISB, I have about 6-8 weeks to ramp up things in my current version of life. My stay at GGN is going to extremely hectic and fast paced. Partying with family, friends, and colleagues, and preparing for grueling 1 year are two compelling priorities. Countdown has already begun and I got to make maximum of each and every day left now. Looking forward to spend an engaging 2 months at GGN– Just, just if TCS were to give me a better itinerary I could have started few hours sooner !!!

No comments: