Friday, October 05, 2007

When is the last time you just did something?

I had an interesting realization this morning. How often do we stop for a moment and think what we are crossing by, what moments we are living? How often is it that we realize the importance of present, an anonymous to Gift? Today, traveling to my workplace in a misty and rainy weather, I heard my friends complain about the weather. “It is so difficult to drive in such weather”. “Arey, this is nothing. Come in December and see, it will get worse”. Somehow my ears were passing these comments perfectly through the hollow channel in my mind. [ I know you just wondered whether I have any non-hollow channel !! Please concentrate]. I was feeling heavenly, divine for something was happening to me, giving me sheer bliss. I was living that moment. I was letting my thoughts wander, farther than the realms of logic and analytics, nursed by emotions and imagination proprietary of a 3 year old kid.

Observing the tiny droplets silently force the mighty cars and buses labor to put the wind-shield wipers on, I thought how the tiny droplets would be feeling: proud or miserable? They were operating in tandem, one after the other, persistently and passionately. But I wondered whether there objective is to hit the cars, the buildings, and numerous other structures or to touch life, a unique prospect, on this unique planet. Furthermore, I wondered whether all the blessed living creatures ever realize this. I know Peacocks for one do. But does the most intelligent creatures do? I wanted to go out and help at least droplets touch me, touch life. I wanted to feel the tiny drops, to get wet in rain, by getting out of the car. Just as I was about to design a strategy to do so in such a way that no one sitting in car notices me, the car took a sharp turn and I returned to mortality.

Suddenly, hundreds of ropes tied me. How can I go out and get wet, I have to attend a meeting within next 20 minutes? What will happen to the cell phone in my pocket? The laptop bag is also not water-proof and TCS will owe 3000$ in an event the laptop breaks down. And dude, you cannot just stop and step out on a highway. I was tied, left, right and center. I was tied from top to bottom. I struggled to return to my fantasy world, to my world. I wanted to defy all the logical crap and live my dreams. But, I had a meeting in next 20 minutes.

No comments: