Saturday, May 26, 2007

A tribute to GNDU !!


A retrospective post capturing the succinct of the best association I ever had !!



The picture next, from the Dance Party (DP) at our farewell in GNDU, depicts at its best what my words may not suffice for, exuberance, youth, attitude and sheer bliss. Memories of wonderful 3.5 years spent at GNDU. I remember how grateful i felt towards Rahul, when he gave me this pic. Key persons missing in this pic are Varun and Ravish, who had priorities higher than attending Farewell at that time. I am confident they must have regretted their decision. However, they both are very well part of numerous memories associated with GNDU.

My affiliation with GNDU reminds me of all the fun we had, while unconsciously growing up. It reminds me of infinite events, recalling which put pressure on Corpus Callosum ( Brain part connecting Right and Left hemisphere) to yield all in one go. It reminds of all the fun we had, all the year end tours, trip to Vaishno Devi, all our hangout places ( Different at the start and end of month), all the weird names we put for each other, all the leg pulling sessions, all the places we stayed, things we ate, people whom we fought, all the trains we boarded. It reminds of the attitude we nurtured, maturity we gained, childlike enthusiasm we all carry.
This all can tempt someone to believe we never faced any hardships there and life was a cakewalk there. An illusion, far from truth for we had all the hardships, frustrations, differences and fights. However what stands out is that the group is still stands together. Even 3 years later, with people staying in different geographies, the essence of belonging and fun continues to strengthen.

What the prospective origins here is,our experiences tend to leave an everlasting impression of the activities we enjoyed on our memories, while sidelining the difficulties we had. The hardships faced make in roads for the blissful moments to come.I hope to capture all those wonderful moments in one shot and let the world know about. How far I succeed in this would be testified by time to come, yet the attempt would be nothing less than extra-ordinary, if I am able to put this on priority sometime soon. More in this space.

2 comments:

RollerCoaster said...

wow just grand man!


thanks for the post. loved it

Vaibhav

btw check out my post at http://rollercoastervj.blogspot.com/ too :).. hope u like it

RollerCoaster said...

Vinit Garg said...
"Good one dude !! You seem to have a very good memory I must say !!! Hmmm I can see chacha also here ....Hey just an idea..Ankit has also a Blog.. How about Attaching each one's blog to our blogs.. how about gathering everyone together ??"


Sure man.. i would love to.. i have website space setup.. may be we can link it up there under a common address.. u know like a mini private blogging service...

i have already linked u and ankit to my blog on blogspot thru 'link' section..

VJ