Saturday, September 22, 2007

An Event Full 15th September !!!

It was a day that started rattling the heck out of my nerves, scaring me like hell ,a goof up that I had done leaving me blind, deaf, and speechless all at the same time. Yet the recovery was handsome. An activity that has taken center stage in my life since last 2 months was on verge of getting screwed. As always though, I managed to get things done and on time :).Thanks to my colleagues invitation for Ganesha Puja.

A South India, he invited 6 other south Indian families. It was natural for all of them to communicate in Telugu or Tamil [ What’s the difference anyway ] ? I realize how at times I and other Delhi guys naturally communicate in Punjabi / Hindi in our office lunch breaks and we over look that a southi is sitting with us and then ask him “Right Jaggi”. He always says “Ya”. I also said “Ya” today, though taking cues from the persons gestures to make out the conversations. After the Pooja, came time to eat. I thought I will not need to communicate and listen now. I am hungry and I need food. Period.

Serving started with around 15 people sitting on the floor and 2 people serving one dish after other. I saw many food items for the first time but I was hungry. I was second to Vivek to keep the dishes finished for the half of the time. Gradually I realized that the number of dishes are numerous. As I was nearing my fill, I heard someone say [ This time in English ] that the main course of rice dishes is coming. OMG, I had landed in trouble. The mandate was anyone saying no will get twice the food. As rice starting pouring, I swear I ate today more than I would normally do in 6 months !!! A riceey day, I must admit !!

As if, the drama wasn’t enough, I found I have overused my minutes last month and T-Mobile sent me a due amount of 105$ :((, thanks to a 3 hour conference call with 5 friends on a weekday evening. In retrospect, I ,however, felt the conference was worth having !!!

One of the most happening days in my life after a period of hibernation !!!

No comments: