Sunday, March 25, 2007

Quit Mumbai Movement !!!!

Finally, finally the day arrived and I left Mumbai. Not that Mumbai is so bad, but tenure of my stay in Mumbai coincided with a lean patch of mine. My return from Mumbai back to Delhi is supposed to trigger a series of interesting negotiations with quite a number of stakeholder and is supposed to put me back to work, which I have longed for.

However there have been some positive out of Mumbai. First and foremost, exposure and taste of the city itself. I have felt a hidden desire somewhere in me to visit Mumbai once and actually feel the way people deliberate about it. A venture on Sunday in Mumbai Local to visit Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Gateway of India, Taj Hotel and Marine drive proved to be an enriching experience. And I can never forget the "massage" I had at Chaupati Beach. Few "massager" can be more cruel :)

Second thing to carry from Mumbai was meeting lot of new people, a whole new Offshore Team and lot of people from TQ. I fairly believe, TCS TQ happens to be "THE" place for networking across TCS. TCS even employ consultants from Manufacturing Domain to provide consulting in Supply Chain, Assembly line etc, this I learnt from one guy. And a funny anecdote from an Andhara guy during a booze party that just struck me goes as " All these Managers have criminal minds" :) Precise, Concise and Perfect. When will I be a Criminal ??

Finally left Mumbai on a "wonderful" Air Sahara flight, which with 2 hours delay managed to screw all my travel plan from Delhi to Dhuri. Sticking to my original plan to reach home the same night, I managed to catch a wonderful bus, by far the best bus I have ever boarded, from Delhi to Ambala. However the grill started at Ambala at 5:00 A:M when I, traveling since 8:00 P:M, discovered that flight delay was not the only tragedy to strike. Even the Express Train I hoped to catch is cancelled. And here I sit in a passenger Train from Ambala to Dhuri (my lovely home town) , estranged by all the people around me staring at me and pouring in my laptop to have a look at this out of place thing. It is irritating and funny as well. The situation in which I sit and write this blog, remind me of Sharukh Khan’s rare good movie, Swades. But seriously these wooden seats of train hurt :(( , yet worth an experience once if you have not .. Someday my experimentation will kill me :P

No comments: